Monday, August 6, 2007

Ding 62... wtb STR

Per the post title, I've hit 62 with my Druid, and Maim is pure awesome. It's spike damage a la Ferocious Bite (not nearly as strong, but unlike Rip it can crit) with a nice long Incapacitate effect that isn't broken by DoTs. You get a nice little break to heal or cast Roots or both, and you get to watch your enemy's life get ticked away by Pounce and Rake.

But where's all the leather gear with Strength? I'm decked out in Rogue gear, doing plenty of damage, but I have about half as much Strength now as I did before I left Azeroth. This totally kills the effectiveness of the Nurturing Instinct talent (increases healing done by 50% of your Strength), which is ordinarily a great levelling (and PvP) talent. So far I've seen exactly one piece of leather with Strength, the blue chest from Zeth'gor Must Burn.

I've taken to wearing +healing rings instead of dps rings, it helps downtime some and gives me more mana to boot.

3 comments:

Graham H said...

Congrats :)

Any estimates on when you think you'll hit 70?

J said...

Hit 65 last night. :)

Anonymous said...

Late, but here ya go: Leather Items with +STR.

You can even add more filters to remove PvP rewards or see only instance drops or quest rewards, etc, etc...